Pickled Chinese cabbage Fish is a delicacy in Chongqing. It is famous for its unique seasoning and cooking techniques. In some places, it is also called “Fish in Sour Soup”.
Problems related to pickled Chinese cabbage fish
The practice of pickled fish
pickled fish is a classic Sichuan dish originating from the mountain city of Chongqing. It is famous for its unique seasoning and unique cooking techniques. It is also called "sour soup fish" in various places.
- 1 induction cooker
- 1 wok
- 1 grass carp
- 100 g pickled cabbage
- 30 g pickled peppers
- 10 g ginger
- 5 g onion
- 10 g Garlic
- 3 dried chili
- 1 egg
- 5 g White pepper
- 10 g cooking wine
- 5 g white sugar
- 5 g chicken powder
- Appropriate amount white vinegar
- Prepare a grass carp, remove the viscera and gills, then enter the knife from the tail of the fish, push it forward along the sternum, cut the fish in half, and then cut the other half in the same way, the sternum will be cut off naturally, Finally, clean the black film on both sides of the fish maw.
- Cut off all the bones on both sides of the fish belly.
- Slice the fish with a diagonal knife from the tail, as thin as possible. (as shown in the picture)
- Marinate the sliced fish fillets with salt, white pepper, eggs, starch, cooking wine, appropriate amount of oil, pinch evenly, and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Chop the fish head, fish bones, and all into pieces, and put them on a plate for later use.
- Wash pickled cabbage, wring out the water, and cut into thick shreds.
- Cut the pickled peppers into sections, shred the ginger, slice the garlic, cut the dried chilies into oblique slices, and chop the scallions.
- Wash and dry the pot, put a proper amount of oil in the pot, put in the fish head, tail, and fish bones, pour in a proper amount of cooking wine, and fry until both sides are golden.
- After the fish head and fish bones are fried until golden, add an appropriate amount of water, bring to a boil over high heat, and cook until the soup turns milky white.
- Take out the fish head, fish bones, etc. and put them into a bowl, and put the soup into another bowl for later use.
- Put a small amount of oil in the pan, when it is 50% hot, add ginger, garlic, pickled pepper, and fry until fragrant.
- After sautéing ginger, garlic and pickled pepper until fragrant, pour in pickled cabbage and continue to stir fry.
- After the sauerkraut is fried and fragrant, pour in the fish soup that is set aside. Add appropriate amount of salt, sugar, chicken powder, pepper, white vinegar, and bring to a boil.
- After the soup is boiled, pour in the marinated fish fillets and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Pour all the cooked fish fillets into the bowl with the fish heads and bones.
- Wash the pot again, put in an appropriate amount of oil and dry chili and stir-fry slowly until fragrant, remove it, pour it on the fish fillets, sprinkle with chopped green onion, continue to heat the oil in the pot, and after it smokes, sprinkle it evenly on the fish fillets That's it.
Pickled Chinese cabbage fish, also known as fish in sour soup, is a classic dish originating from Chongqing, and is famous for its unique seasoning and cooking techniques. Popular in the 1990s, it is one of the pioneers of Chongqing’s martial arts cuisine.Pickled Chinese cabbage and Fish Encyclopedia