The white flour Mantou sold outside often contains a lot of whitening agents and Leavening agent. If you want to eat healthy Mantou without additives, you’d better make it at home! As long as you master a few tips, you can easily make big white and fat Mantou. Make more when you are free on weekends, steam them and freeze them in the refrigerator. Every morning, take out a hot one, add milk or soybean milk, and then a fried egg. It only takes a few minutes to complete a nutritious and delicious breakfast!
How to make white flour Mantou
- 1 food steamer
- 260 g water
- 5 g yeast
- 500 g plain flour
- 20 g sugar
- Prepare ingredients and tools: 260 grams of water, 5 grams of yeast, 500 grams of plain flour, 20 grams of sugar (you can add no sugar if you like plain white steamed buns) Wok, steamer
- Pour 5 grams of yeast into the bowl, stir well with 260 grams of warm water, and let it stand for about 5 minutes before use;
- Pour 500 grams of flour into the bowl, pour in the yeast water from Step 1, stir while pouring, and stir until flocculent (if you like sweet steamed buns, you can add 20 grams of sugar in this step);
- Knead repeatedly to form a smooth dough, then cover with plastic wrap and ferment at room temperature for about 30 minutes (the fermentation time is related to the temperature, if the indoor temperature is low, the fermentation time should be extended accordingly);
- Fermented to 2-3 times the original size, there is a faint unique aroma after fermentation, and the obvious honeycomb shape after tearing indicates that the fermentation is complete;
- Take out the dough, squeeze out the air, and sprinkle flour around;
- Then knead the dough thoroughly, and knead the flour into the dough until there are no large holes in it;
- Knead into a smooth and elastic dough; (the key point of soft steamed buns is to knead the dough in place)
- Cut into evenly sized slices;
- Press the edges of the dough in turn, and repeat this technique several times;
- Then knead the dough until the surface is smooth and round, so that the steamed buns look good;
- Put the finished steamed bun embryos into the steamer, cover and wake up for about 10-15 minutes;
- Proof until the steamed buns are slightly larger, put them into the pot, add water to the bottom scale line, steam on high heat, then steam on medium-low heat for about 8-10 minutes, turn off the heat and simmer for about 2-3 minutes and you are done!
- With white steamed buns, many delicious steamed buns can be transformed!
There are skills in cooking delicious dishes. Every dish of mine has a small trick. If you search for “Recipe website”, you can directly view my recipes!