I arrived at a place full of fresh river seafood, and of course, I wanted to make some crabs or something. Actually, I have never made crabs and I am very afraid of them. But after figuring out the formula for this spicy swimming crab, it was simply addictive!! It tastes even better than what’s sold outside making it yourself will be cleaner, won’t it
Spicy Swimming Crab
- 1 induction cooker
- 1 frying spoon
- 1 wok
- 8 Portunus
- 4 pieces garlic
- 3 pieces Ginger
- 1 small handle Sichuan peppercorn
- 2 grams five spice powder
- Appropriate amount Salt
- 1 small star anise
- boiling water
- 2 scoops paprika
- Choose fresh swimming crabs ~ fatter ones ~ put them in clean water and let them spit out the sediment for more than two hours ~
- Then cut it in half while alive. [It can be washed before cutting, but I am afraid that it will be caught alive, so I cut it directly and then washed it.
- The part of the pink circle in the picture should be cut off. The part of the blue circle should be carefully cleaned with a toothbrush~ [The blue part is the intersection of the legs and the shell. Brush it clean~] Wash it and set it aside.
- In a hot pan, add mustard seed oil from Grandma Township of Arowana.
- Saute sliced ginger, peppercorns, star anise, and patted garlic. Add chili powder, five-spice powder, and salt when the aroma bursts.
- Then add the crabs and stir fry evenly until most of them turn red.
- Add boiling water just enough to cover the bottom, stir-fry for a minute, cover it, and simmer until the juice dries up.
- finished product~