Beijing roast duck is a world-renowned Beijing dish that originated during the Northern and Southern Dynasties in China. The “Food Treasure Record” already records grilled duck, which was a palace food at that time. Today, I bring you a crispy Beijing roast duck.[WPSM_AC id=5942]
Crispy Beijing Roast Duck
- 1 Chopping board
- 1 knife
- 1 Baking tray
- 900 grams duck
- 50 grams soybean paste
- 150 grams Zhejiang Red Vinegar
- 20 grams garlic
- 20 grams Chives
- 20 grams Dried shallots
- 20 grams ginger
- 20 grams coriander
- 1000 grams hot water
- 10 grams Erguotou
- 8 grams Thirteen incense
- 10 grams white sugar
- 50 grams maltose
- 10 grams Salt
- 20 grams ginger
- 200 g beer
- Have all ingredients ready.
- Dried shallots are smashed and set aside.
- Crack the garlic and set aside.
- Put 10g of salt, 10g of white sugar, 50g of soybean paste, 8g of thirteen spices, and 10g of Erguotou into the duck cavity, and spread them evenly in the duck by hand.
- After spreading evenly, add green onions, coriander, dried shallots and garlic.
- Seal the mouth of the duck with a long bamboo skewer.
- Make crispy water: Prepare a bowl, put in 50g of maltose, 150g of Zhejiang red vinegar, and 10g of Erguotou, heat with the prepared hot water and stir until melted, set aside.
- Lift the duck neck with your hands, pour the crispy water evenly on it, and let it dry naturally. (You can use a hair dryer to dry it quickly.) Set the steam oven to the upper and lower grill modes and preheat it to 180°C.
- Wrap the duck wings and duck paws with tinfoil respectively.
- Grease the baking tray with oil and put the processed duck on it.
- After the steam oven is preheated, place the baking pan with the duck on the bottom shelf and bake it in the upper and lower grilling modes at 180°C for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn the duck over and continue roasting for 25 minutes. (If the duck neck and head are too dark, you can cover the dark parts with a layer of tinfoil to prevent further coloring)
- After roasting, take it out, pour out the sauce from the duck belly, and then chop it into small pieces.
- Plate and serve with sauce according to personal preference.